There is a 6 months contract opportunity with possible extension for an Agile Coach Intermediate in Ottawa.
Must have experience as an Agile Coach where agile principles, practices, and theory were diligently applied.
Helping an organization transitioning to Agile practices, experience training individuals and group of people in Agile practices, methodologies, and tools.
Reliability level security clearance is a must.
If you are available, please send your resume to [email protected] OR refer someone interested.
Site: Ottawa | 6 months
– Ideal candidate will have hands-on experience on running Scrums. Too senior candidates are not required for this role.
– The initial mandate is for 6 months. However, strong possibility exists for further contract extension
– 365 March Rd, Kanata, ON is the primary work location. There might be some travel to 9 Auriga Dr, Nepean, ON location
– Remote or work from GTA locations is not acceptable. Hired contractor MUST work full-time onsite
– There will be 2 steps of interviews (1st: Phone interview, 2nd: In-person interview)
Position Title: Agile Coach – Intermediate
Reporting to the PMO Coach – Agile Practice, the Agile Coach is responsible for training, guiding and coaching Agile practices and methodologies for teams and individuals. The individual will help identify, mentor and support new Scrum Masters within their area of the organization. In addition, the individual will actively participate and contribute to an Agile Coach Community of Practice that is helping develop the overall Agile practice across the Enterprise.
QUALIFICATIONS MUST HAVES
- Agile Coach: Comprehensive knowledge of coaching Scrum Masters and Agile teams where Agile principles and practices were diligently applied.
- Agile Project/Team Management: Comprehensive knowledge of project/program management including Agile methodologies and tools.
- Financial Management: strong understanding of key concepts of financial processes such as budgeting, financial modeling, ROI development etc.
- Delivery methodology: knowledge and experience in Scrum / Kanban / iterative development – knowledge of Waterfall delivery would be an asset as we are transitioning from this
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS – We are more interested in EXP vs Education.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Certifications: Agile certification (e.g. CSM, CSPO, SAFe), ITIL foundations (Asset), Change Management certification (Asset),
- Academic: University degree or higher in Engineering, Technology or related field (Asset)
EXPERIENCE – MUST HAVES
- Experience of contributing to the success of a range of midsize-to-large Agile initiatives with above-average levels of complexity and business criticality
- Experience as an Agile Coach where agile principles, practices, and theory were diligently applied
- Experience in helping an organization transitioning to Agile practices
- Experience training individuals and group of people in Agile practices, methodologies, and tools
- Experience with Jira, Confluence and Axure are an asset – Nice to Haves
OVERALL SKILLS – ABILITIES – MUST HAVES
- Strong coaching / development / leadership capability and experience
- Facilitate and encourage collaboration and work as one team
- Encourage Agile approaches and ability to iterate and innovate
- Ability to navigate through uncertainty and lead/champion change within the organization