We have an excellent 6 months contract opportunity with possible extension for a Senior Front End Developer in Ottawa/Toronto.
Remote for now.
• Eligible for Reliability level Federal Security clearance is mandatory.
• 5+ years’ development knowledge and experience in Angular.
• Strong knowledge and abilities working with Accessibility (WCAG standards Level A/AA).
•Experience with source version control, build and dependency management tools (preferably Git and Maven).
If you are available, please send your resume to [email protected] OR [email protected] OR [email protected] OR refer someone interested
Front End Developer
We are looking for a passionate Front End / Angular Developer to join our team. As a Front End / Angular Developer in our company, you will have the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects in a fully Agile/Scrum team environment.
Reporting to the Business Solution Delivery Development Lead for the Platform and Channel sub-domain, the Front End / Angular Developer will have a diversified role developing code in accordance with application development standards and best practices, while working on projects, change requests, minor enhancements and defect resolution. The candidate will be leading the Mercury Design System project, creating and enhancing re-usable common web components, working closely with UX and Brand to ensure a consistent look with modular components for us in Angular and vanilla implementations.
He or she will be responsible for analyzing, developing and delivering technical solutions for the Platform and Channel sub-domain that satisfy the business requirements, and align with enterprise architecture. The Front End / Angular Developer will also work with incident management teams to investigate and resolve issues and defects with various applications. We are an Agile organization, so previous exposure to Agile/Scrum methodologies is a big plus.
• Work collaboratively with clients and co-workers to define product requirements and technical solutions
• Participate in sprint planning, design, coding, unit testing, and sprint reviews
• Understand the work packages/user stories and provide work effort estimates to the Project Manager
• Develop, integrate, test, maintain and enhance existing and proprietary platform applications
• Design, develop and unit test technical solutions for moderate to complex work objects assigned
• Provide support to test teams during product and UAT testing of the technical solution developed
• Participate in code reviews and commit to high quality code
• Prepare and implement the technical solution to the production environment
• Investigate and provide post implementation support of the technical solution implemented
• Assist in developing technical documentation
DURATION AND POTENTIAL START DATE
• Initial offering, 6 month with a potential start date of November 21, 2022.
Possibility of extension
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
• 5+ years’ development knowledge and experience in Angular
• Strong knowledge and abilities working with Accessibility (WCAG standards Level A/AA)
• NodeJS, Angular, MVC or other SPA frameworks
• OO design, patterns, and data structures
• Experience with source version control, build and dependency management tools (preferably Git and Maven)
• Strong written and oral communication skills
Nice to have
• Previous experience working with design systems development
• Previous experience in creating common web components
• Familiarity and knowledge of screen readers and assistive devices
LOCATION OF WORK
• Ottawa or Toronto, no preference.
HOURS OF WORK
• 37.5 hours per week, 9am-5pm.